- One poem will be set by special guest composer Carlos Cordero (The Happy Choir) and performed by HSU's University Singers.
- Additional selected poems will be set by student and faculty composers in HSU's Music department.
- Contest winners agree to give rights over their work to the composers.
- Composers will be granted creative license to reimagine the poetic work as a musical composition. Some changes may be made to the original work.
- Submission deadline: September 30th, 2021
- Selections announced: December 30th, 2021
- We welcome multilingual submissions in Spanish and/or English.
- Submit all pieces as a single .doc or .docx file, with 12-point font, single spacing, page breaks in between each piece, and titles clearly marked.
- Limit: 5 poems per author, 25 lines max per poem ***shorter works of 5-10 lines preferred***
How to submit
- Email your poetry submission as a .doc or .docx file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please provide the following information in the body of your email:
- Preferred pronouns
- Short bio written in the 3rd person
- Preferred email
- You may also include a cover letter in a separate email attachment.